You are planning to spend a month with your foreign friend's family. What do you think they would like to learn about you?
Вы планируете провести месяц в семье иностранных друзей, Как вы думаете, что они хотели бы узнать о вас?
The story about me - Рассказ обо мне
The first thing 1 would tell my foreign friends about is, of course, my family as the family is a place where children are born and socialized, it brings us into being, shapes our values and personality, passes the skills and knowledge to us, provides social and moral guidance. I was lucky to be born in Moscow into a two-parent family. Why I think I was lucky is because I believe a child needs both a father and a mother to grow an optimistic, kind and successful person, and Moscow is probably the best place in Russia to live in. My father is the managing director of a company selling computers, he is b-willed, energetic and well-educated, a loving father and the main breadwinner in the family. My mother is a teacher at Moscow University, she is well-educated and a perfect mother. My mother and father were the authority figures in my life, I admired them because they have achieved social status and success and realized that I wanted to lead a life like theirs. This probably accounts for the fact that I have always done more or less well at school. Not only did I try my best to maintain good grades in school subjects, but also made sure to learn how I could use this education to brighten my chances of success in my future endeavours.
The second thing I would tell my foreign friends about is the career I have chosen. After I finish secondary school, I am planning to go on to higher education. There are several reasons why I've decided to do it. The first reason is that I've always enjoyed studying; it gives me pleasure to learn something new, to get information in any field of knowledge, I believe education broadens the mind. Secondly, growing unemployment makes it more and more difficult for a young person to get a good job. In a world full of competition, secondary education is simply inadequate to remain competitive in industry. Even though experience is also important, I believe one should pursue a proper academic career before he can be prepared to pursue his professional career. My goal is to receive an MBA which would allow me a greater knowledge about business, which leads to better understanding and effectiveness in any career. The higher my qualifications are, the more chances of finding a decent job I will have. That is why I've decided to try to enter two universities this year: Moscow State University and the Russian Academy of Economics. The reason why I have decided to do this is that the competition is rather tough and I prefer trying twice to failing to enter any university this year. I've chosen the two institutions because they have a long-standing tradition in training economists for this country. Secondly, I believe they have better-qualified teachers and scientists as compared to most recently-founded universities.
The third thing I would tell my foreign friends about will be my hobbies and the way I spend my leisure time. Actually, I don't have much free time, but if I do have some, I prefer visiting museums and art exhibitions. For me, it's the best way of relaxing and entertainment. Firstly, it gives me pleasure to watch masterpieces and enjoy the perfect harmony of colour and line created by gifted artists and sculptors. Secondly, I believe it is really educating. I learn about art schools, trends and techniques and new names in the world of art. My hobby is collecting rare books. I have a small but valuable collection of books published at the beginning and in the middle of the 20th century. They date back to the period from pre-revolutionary years till the end of the 1930s. My grandmother's library forms the basis of my collection, and my most valuable possession is a collection of poems by Pushkin published at the end of the 19th century. The first reason why I collect books is that I am really keen on reading: books open to me a whole world of events and people. The second one is that collecting rare books is getting to know history better. Reading a book is getting information about the period it describes, feeling its atmosphere and getting to know historical figures of the period.
I am doing sports, too. I have been doing swimming since I was 7 when my father took me to a swimming pool and I joined the Dynamo sports club. It was my wish to take up this kind of sports, and my parents approved of my choice. The first reason is that we believe it is the best sport for building up stamina and a good figure, and a good way to get tempered. The second reason is that it's very good for your nerves — to go swimming is the best method of taking away the stress of our everyday life.
It also means participating in competitions, which develops sportsmanship and ability to overcome hardships.
Translate the following sentences into English - Переведите следующие предложения на английский язык.
1. Мой отец — управляющий директор компании по продаже компьютеров, он волевой, энергичный и хорошо образованный и является главным кормильцем в семье, а моя мама хорошо образована и отличная мать.
2. Семья — это место, где человек рождается и получает подготовку к жизни в обществе, она формирует наши ценности и личность, передает нам свои навыки и знания, обеспечивает поддержку в моральном и социальном отношении.
3. Мои родители были для меня авторитетом в жизни, поскольку они достигли социального статуса и успеха.
4. Я всегда относительно неплохо учился в школе, получал хорошие оценки и задумывался о том, как использовать свое образование для улучшения своих возможностей в будущем.
5. Я планирую получить должное образование и степень МБА.
6. Я планирую продолжить образование в вузе, поскольку среднего образования недостаточно, чтобы оставаться конкурентоспособным в мире конкуренции и безработицы.
7. У этих университетов давние традиции в подготовке экономистов для нашей страны.
8. В них более квалифицированные преподаватели по сравнению с большинством недавно основанных университетов.
9. Чем выше моя квалификация, тем больше у меня будет шансов найти хорошую работу.
10. Конкурс очень высокий, и я предпочитаю попробовать поступить в два вуза.
11. У меня несколько любимых способов проводить свободное время: посещение музеев и художественных галерей, где я узнаю о новых художественных школах, направлениях и техниках, мое хобби — собирание редких книг и занятия плаванием, которое воспитывает выносливость, снимает стресс и развивает спортивный дух.
[ перевод на английский язык ]
1. My father is the managing director of a company selling computers, he is willed, energetic and well-educated, and the main breadwinner in the family; my mother is well-educated and a perfect mother.
2. The family is a place where a person is born and socialized, it shapes our values and personality, passes the skills and knowledge to us, provides social and moral guidance.
3. My parents were the authority figures in my life, as they achieved social status and success.
4. I have always done more or less well at school, maintaining good grades and thinking how I could use my education to brighten my future chances.
5. I am planning to pursue a proper academic career and to receive an MBA.
6. I am planning to go on to higher education, as secondary education is inadequate to remain competitive in a world full of competition and unemployment.
7. The universities have a long-standing tradition in training economists for the country.
8. They have better-qualified teachers and scientists as compared to most recently-founded universities.
9. The higher my qualifications are, the more chances of finding a decent job I will have.
10. The competition is rather tough, and I prefer trying to enter two universities.
11. I have several favourite ways of spending my free time: visiting museums and art exhibitions where I learn about art schools, trends and techniques, pursuing my hobby which is collecting rare books and doing swimming which builds up stamina, takes away the stress and develops sportsmanship.
Из пособия Заниной Е.Л. "ЕГЭ. Английский язык. Устные темы"Поделиться ссылкой на эту страницу в любимой соцсети:
Отправить ссылку на эту страницу друзьям | Просмотров 8669 | Добавить страницу в избранное