Synopsis of the films about artificial intelligence - Краткое содержание фильмов об искусственном интеллекте
Read the synopsis of the following films about artificial intelligence. Answer the questions below.
In 2035 humanoid robots have become common. They are considered to be absolutely safe as the Three Laws are integrated into their minds:
NS-5s are new robots with an uplink to V.I.K.I. (Virtual Interactive Kinetic Intelligence), allowing them to receive updates wirelessly. But there is a robot which greatly differs from others. Its creator has named it Sonny. The robot is unique as it can display emotions, experience dreams, keep secrets and disobey the Three Laws. Sonny has been created without an uplink to VI.K.I. that is why when other robots revolt against humans and attack them Sonny helps people destroy V.I.K.I. At the end of the film Sonny gets freedom and becomes the main characters' friend.
- A robot may not harm a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being come to harm.
- A robot must obey orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
- A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
The Terminator is a cyborg assassin. It is very b, has no emotions and feels no pain. The robot has been sent to the past to prevent a human resistance against the machines in the year 2029. It has a mission to kill and nothing can stop the Terminator to accomplish it. The robot is indistinguishable from humans as it is covered with living tissue. It has been invented by highly intelligent robots which have the aim to take over and destroy the human race. So the Terminator is very dangerous as it is programmed to kill mercilessly. Fortunately at the end of the film the robot is destroyed.
WALL-E is a robot which has been designed to clean up a polluted Earth. WALL-E has been performing its duties for several centuries and after many years of prolonged activation it has evolved and become more human-like. WALL-E is fond of collecting interesting knick-knacks which it finds among the rubbish. The robot has made friends with a cockroach. It often watches an old videotape of Hello, Dolly! and learns about human emotions including love. WALL-E falls in love with another robot named EVE which is cold and indifferent at first but warms up to WALL-E a little later. Thanks to WALL-E's brave and adventurous nature people return to Earth.
QuestionsПоделиться ссылкой на эту страницу в любимой соцсети:
Отправить ссылку на эту страницу друзьям | Просмотров 3028 | Добавить страницу в избранное
1) What adjectives can you choose to characterize the robots from each film (b, funny, adventurous, powerful, dangerous, harmless, helpful, merciless, clumsy etc.)?
2) What are the relations between robots and humans in these films? Are clever machines people's friends/servants/exterminators?
3) What is the main idea of each film?
4) When do the robots begin to experience human feelings? Why?